Recipe by SouthernBell2627
This recipe is from my "Irish Cooking" cookbook. Delicious!
Top Review by *Parsley*
Great way to make broccoli. The ranch flavor just goes so well with this vegetable. I realize that not all of the ranch sauce gets used, but I still think the amounts as written need adjusting. I doubled the broccoli (I used 1 1/2 lbs of fresh steamed to be exact). One cup of milk seemed like way to much, so I only used 1/2 cup and I'm glad I did. I used all of the sauce (remember I doubled the broccoli) and it was still a bit liquidy. I recommend at least doubling the broccoli and halving the milk. Something like chopped onions or waterchestnuts might be nice, too. I liked the buttered breadcrumb topping. Yum! Will make again with my adjustments. Thanx!
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 (1 ounce) packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned dry bread crumb (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place broccoli in greased shallow baking dish.
- In medium bowl, whisk together salad dressing mix, sour cream, and milk.
- Drizzle 3/4 cup dressing mixture over broccoli (reserve remaining dressing for another use).
- Top with cheese.
- Cover loosely with foil.
- Bake until heated through 15 to 20 minutes. If desired, combine breadcrumbs and butter. Sprinkle on top of casserole during last 5 minutes of baking; do not cover with foil.