1/1 Photo of Broccoli Cheese Casserole
This recipe allows you to tailor your dish for the amount of time and availability of ingredients. This can be prepared two ways, with fresh or frozen broccoli, with cooked rice or uncooked minute rice, or with Cheese Whiz or colby cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped broccoli or 1 head fresh broccoli
- 1/4 cup chopped celery (optional)
- 1 cup diced onion (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) jar Cheese Whiz or 1 cup shredded colby cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup or 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup or 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup instant rice, uncooked or 2 cups cooked rice
- salt and pepper
- 1If using fresh broccoli cook broccoli to desired tenderness. Sauté celery and onion in a bit of butter if desired. If using cooked rice, prepare rice. This can all be done ahead of time.
- 2Mix all ingredients and pour into a greased 2 quart casserole with a lid (or cover with foil).
- 3Sprinkle additional cheese on top.
- 4Bake covered at 350ºF for 45 minutes if using uncooked minute rice, if using cooked rice bake until warm through and cheese is bubbly.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Cheese Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.8
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 36.4 mg
- Sodium 978.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 9.2 g