A delicious casserole made with broccoli and cheese, easy to make, but is very good!
Make and share this Broccoli Cheese Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook rice, set aside.
- While rice is cooking -- Place broccoli, butter, onion and salt and pepper in bowl. Microwave for 10 minute stir then microwave for 5 more minutes.
- Microwave cheese wiz to melt.
- Grease 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Mix rice, cream of mushroom soup, cheese wiz and broccoli mixture together. Spread in pan.
- Cover and bake 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 more minutes.
- (note: you must use a shallow baking pan, I tried to bake in a deep casserole dish and it didn't solidify right).
This was easy and FANTASTIC! I am not a natural cook (I'm one of those people who has to work at it) and this was just great. I I ended up boiling my broccoli and mashing it vs. leaving large florets and going the micorwave route, but put the butter and onion in the micro to cook, then worked in the rest of the ingrediants as directed. This was VERY tasty and even something a non-cook can make. I'm so impressed!
Best broccoli cheese casserole ever! tastes outstanding!
This is good. I used frozen chopped broccoli and I used homemade cheddar cheese sauce in place of the cheese whiz. This is one of those kid-pleaser side dishes (easy and quick to make too)! The kiddos gobbled it up. I'll make this again, thanx.