Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is from the DVO recipe center. The note at the bottom of the directions states homemade biscuit dough works just as well.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 cup fresh broccoli, chopped or 1 cup frozen broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls (see NOTE)
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten (optional)
- 2 tablespoons almonds, slivered (optional)
- Combine chicken, broccoli, pepper, garlic, and cheese in mixing bowl.
- In another small bowl, combine mayonnaise with dill and salt.
- Stir mayonnaise mixture into chicken mixture.
- Unroll packages of crescent dough; do not separate.
- Arrange dough onto baking sheets to form a rectangle the length and width of the pan.
- Roll dough together to seal perforations.
- On longest side of baking sheet, cut dough into strips 1½" apart and 3" deep using a pizza cutter (there will be 6" in center for filling).
- Spread filling evenly over middle of dough.
- To braid, lift strips of dough across mixture to meet in center, twisting each strip one turn, and then pinching together.
- Continue twisting and pinching strips to form a braid.
- Pinch ends together to seal at end of braid.
- If desired, brush egg white over dough and sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake at 375 degrees F. for 25-28 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- I mix up a batch of biscuit dough and roll it out about 1/4" thick in place of the crescents. It makes a heartier and delicious braid and saves me money.