My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (19 ounce) bag green giant frozen cut broccoli in cheese sauce
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1 cup four-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
Cheddar Cheese Crust
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Make frozen broccoli according to microwave directions on bag.
- 3Meanwhile, make cheddar cheese crust or fit frozen crust to 9" glass pie plate.
- 5In a food processor, pulse together flour, cheese and salt until blended.
- 6Add shortening and pulse until crumbly.
- 7Add ice water, one tablespoon at a time,and pulse until dough just holds together.
- 8Turn out onto floured surface, roll out and fit into pie plate.
- 10In a large bowl, whisk eggs and whipping cream together until well blended. Stir in cooked broccoli and remaining ingredients; mix well.
- 11Pour into prepared crust and spread evenly.
- 12Bake for 35-40 minutes or until edges are light golden brown and knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- 13Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Brunch Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli, Cheese and Bacon Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 604.4
- Calories from Fat 393
- Total Fat 43.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 180.2 mg
- Sodium 990.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 20.9 g