Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a delicious, rich quiche that I made for the first time using DiB's Cheddar Cheese Crust, Cheddar Cheese Crust.
- 1 (19 ounce) baggreen giant frozen cut broccoli in cheese sauce
- 4 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1 cup four-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
Cheddar Cheese Crust
- 2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup solid shortening
- 5 -6 tablespoons ice water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make frozen broccoli according to microwave directions on bag.
- Meanwhile, make cheddar cheese crust or fit frozen crust to 9" glass pie plate.
- In a food processor, pulse together flour, cheese and salt until blended.
- Add shortening and pulse until crumbly.
- Add ice water, one tablespoon at a time,and pulse until dough just holds together.
- Turn out onto floured surface, roll out and fit into pie plate.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and whipping cream together until well blended. Stir in cooked broccoli and remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Pour into prepared crust and spread evenly.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until edges are light golden brown and knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.