Recipe by A Messy Cook
Delicious side dish or vegetarian main dish, sized for two. Easy to double or triple if you want to serve more people! This is low-fat and packed with veggies. Original recipe is from Cooking for Two, published by Taste of Home.
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
Yummm, very nice flavours. I liked the addition of the broccoli & mushrooms. I didn't have pimento on hand so I abit of jalapeno instead. I like using yogurt in my potatoes, it replaces the milk & butter & it adds a nice tangy/tasty flavour. Great & tasty recipe, thank for sharing.
- 1 large baking potato
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1⁄4 cup sliced fresh button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon diced pimento
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub and pierce potato. Bake at 375 for 1 hour until tender.
- Saute broccoli, mushrooms, and pimiento in small skillet in olive oil, until veggies are tender.
- When potato is cool enough to handle, cut in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell.
- Mash pulp in small bowl.
- Add 2 T. cheese, yogurt, salt, and spices; stir in veggie mixture.
- Spoon into potato shells and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Place on baking sheet and bake at 375 for 10 more minutes, or until cheese is melted.