Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
One of my favorite soups!
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 cups chopped broccoli
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup chicken bouillon
- 3⁄4 cup Cheez Whiz
- 1 dash pepper
- margarine, for fryining onion
- 1⁄2 cup flour (I dilute it with a bit of the milk so as not to clump up the soup)
- 4 cups milk
- Place pot over medium heat until hot.
- Add margarine and saute onions for 5 minutes.
- Add half of the broccoli and all the potatoes, garlic powder, and broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce and simmer until veggies are tender.
- Add the rest of the veggies.
- Thicken with the diluted flour and add milk.
- Stir in cheese and heat the entire mixture until warm- do not boil the milk on high as it is likely to burn!