1/1 Photo of Broccoli & Cheddar Soup
Chef Kerwin's Note:
I just whipped this soup up and it came out nicely. It is a lighter version of this type of soup, but you could add some cream or whole milk to it if you prefer. Depending on how you like your soup, you can also remove some of the veggies for a chunkier version, or puree the whole pot for a smooth consistency. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the olive oil over medium heat, add the onions and garlic. Cook until onions are translucent.
- 2Add potato and broccoli and cook until potato is tender, but not mushy. (Maybe 10-15 minute depending on the size of your potatoes.).
- 3Add 2 tbsp of flour over the veg and stir to cook the flour.
- 4Add chicken stock and stir. Bring to a boil and boil for 3-5 minutes. This will slightly thicken the soup.
- 5Reduce heat on stove to low and use a blender, food processor, or immersion blender to puree your soup.
- 6Once pureed, add the grated cheddar cheese. Stir to combine.
- 7Season with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli & Cheddar Soup
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.7
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 26.9 mg
- Sodium 464.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 12.0 g