Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Super easy recipe to warm you up on a cold winter day. Great with a warm piece of crusty sourdough bread.
- 8 ounces cheese, cut into cubes (1/2 package of Velveeta)
- 5 cups fresh broccoli, Il use one bunch or 5 cups frozen broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 5 shredded carrots
- 6 -8 cups chicken stock (or you can do no bouillon cubes and use chicken stock) or 6 chicken bouillon cubes, in the same amount water (or you can do no bouillon cubes and use chicken stock)
- Heat up the water/chicken stock.
- Add frozen broccoli and bring to a simmer.
- Add wine and cubes of Velveeta and add to the hot water DO NOT BOIL ONCE THE CHEESE IS IN - otherwise it will become a gnarly texture.
- Salt and pepper to taste, yo.
- Barely simmer until hot maybe 10 minutes.
This soup had a good taste- but it was the consistency of chicken broth. It would probably be good if it were a creamy, thick (normal) broccoli cheddar soup. I used fresh broccoli and I think that part was good. The white wine gives it a good flavor. And the chicken stock is definitely a different touch!