1/1 Photo of Broccoli Cheddar Soup
This is an easy yummy soup! I "cheat" or rather amend this soup with a can of Campbell's Broccoli Cheese to help bring the flavors together. Don't worry, it's way better than just opening the can :) I serve this with a home made bread or focaccia! Submitted some corrections for the jerk of a critic/editor who, ironically, can't spell! But hey, thanks!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in pot.
- 2Add olive oil, onion, and garlic and saute until onion is tender.
- 3Don't only use the florets skin the stalks and add them too -- they're great!
- 4Add broccoli and water and bullion to barely cover the broccoli.
- 5Bring to boil and cook until broccoli is al dente (which means "to the tooth" easy to bite through but still has firmness). About 10 minutes.
- 6If you like it smooth puree all or part in a blender or stick blenders work great!
- 7Add can of Campbell's Broccoli cheese.
- 8Add a slurry of 1/4 c flour and evaporated milk. and check that it's thick as you like. -- if not thick enough, add 2T of flour for each quart of water.
- 9Add cheese, salt, pepper, and other seasonings (like the curry, jakesoup jerk) to taste.
- 10Finish with heavy cream to taste but you may no longer boil.
- 11Like any soup it taste better the longer it sets so, fix it early if you can, but it's great fresh too.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 93.9
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 356.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 3.4 g