Easy and delicious broccoli cheddar soup. Blend partially for lots of chunks or blend totally for an even consistency. Add a package of dried cheese that comes in the mac and cheese boxes for a yellow/orange color and a kicked up a notch flavor. Fresh broccoli is of course possible, make sure to cut into florets first.
- Sauté onions and garlic in butter or olive oil until translucent.
- Add pinch of salt and pepper and broccoli.
- Sauté until broccoli is crisp tender.
- Add spices.
- Add stock.
- Simmer until broccoli pierces easily with a fork and is very tender.
- Remove from heat and blend or partially blend for even consistency.
- Stir in cream and cheese.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve, refrigerate or freeze.