From Vegetarian Times. This potluck classic tastes best when the vegetables are generously coated with creamy dressing - a mayonnaise-yogurt combination makes that possible while keeping calories and fat in check. You can substitute roasted pine nuts for the roasted pumpkin seeds. Time doesn't include chilling overnight.
- 1 1⁄4 cups light mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 cups broccoli, florets cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 medium carrots, grated (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 small onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
- Whisk together mayonnaise, yogurt, vinegar and sugar in large bowl.
- Add broccoli, carrots, onion and cheese, and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Chill overnight.
- Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds just before serving.