Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this in a magazine and thought it would be perfect for Thanksgiving! I tweaked it a bit because I thought it was too bland.
- 6 tablespoons margarine
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper
- 2 teaspoons chervil
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary, Ground
- 2 1⁄4 cups nonfat milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, Shredded
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen broccoli
- 7 large eggs, Separated
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- Melt 4 tbsp butter and stir in flour, salt and red pepper.
- Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Slowly stir in milk and cook until it boils and thickens, stirring frequently.
- Stir in cheese until melted, then stir in broccoli and remove from heat.
- Lightly beat egg yolks and stir in 1/2 cup cheese sauce.
- Pour into remainer of sauce, stirring rapidly. Add 1/2 the spices to the mix and 1/4 C Parmesan Cheese.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Melt the 1 Tbsp Butter in the microwave and stir in bread crumbs, rest of spices and rest of parmesan cheese.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Fold in a third of the egg whites into cheese, then fold in the rest of whites.
- Put into pan and sprinkle crumbs on top.
- Bake 40 minutes.