Recipe by LonghornMama
I made these quick muffins for a brunch wedding shower and they were very popular. The recipe might have come from Parents magazine. Would be good with soup and salad.
Top Review by Jennifer Bennifer
Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have made these several times. the last time i made them I doubled the batch so I could have some to freeze. I just recently finished them off. Soooo Gooood. I love them dipped in soup. I added some dried dill. I tried them with and without the dill, and I really think it gives an extra zing, and makes them better if thats possible. Thanks for the recipe.
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallion (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with an electric mixer until light colored.
- Add butter and cheese and mix on low.
- Add muffin mix, broccoli and scallions and mix at low speed for another minute.
- Coat a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray; divide batter among muffin cups.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes until light golden brown.
- Cool on a rack before turning muffins out of pan.