Recipe by lilkittykt
Came from the saltine box
Top Review by jamiemac42
Great recipe if you are looking for recipes using ground turkey. It was very good, however I did change and add a couple of things. I used onion crackers instead of saltines. I added onion powder, salt and pepper. Then I put only put the cheese, not the chili sauce, on top and broiled it. Nice brown crust on top. Yummy.
- 24 premium saltine crackers, any variety, divided
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey or 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely roll 12 crackers.
- Mix cracker crumbs, turkey, onion, 2 tbsp chili sauce, parsley and egg.
- Pat meat mixture into 12 by 8 inch rectangle on waxed paper.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons cheese; sprinkle remaining cheese and broccoli onto meat mixture to within 1/2 inch of edge.
- Coarsely break remaining 12 crackers; sprinkle over broccoli, pressing lightly into meat.
- Starting at short end, roll up jelly-roll fashion, using waxed paper to help roll; seal ends.
- Place loaf in 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 50-55 minutes.
- During last 5 minutes of baking, spread remaining 2 tbsp chili sauce over meatloaf; sprinkle with reserved cheese.