Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
MMMMMM...HUmmmmmm! Another one from the Neelys.
Make and share this Broccoli Cheddar Cornbread recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) boxes corn muffin mix
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 (8 ounce) container cottage cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed but not drained
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a cast iron skillet melt butter. Saute onions and broccoli until soft.
- Mix together all other ingredients except 2 tablespoons Cheddar, to create a batter in a bowl.
- Pour batter over the vegetable mixture. Sprinkle top evenly with remaining cheese.
- Bake in oven until golden, 40 minutes. (May take as long as 1 hour).