Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another version of the stuffed chicken breast, and one my kids will actually eat. I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts, as that's what we prefer. From Kraft.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup frozen broccoli florets, thawed, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
- 1 (2 3/4 ounce) envelope Shake-n-Bake, Extra Crispy Seasoned Coating Mix
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Place chicken thighs, smooth-sides down, on cutting board.
- Flatten slightly by pounding with meat mallet to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Top evenly with broccoli; sprinkle with cheese and bacon.
- Roll up each chicken thigh tightly, starting at one of the short ends; secure with wooden toothpicks.
- Place coating mix in shallow bowl.
- Roll each chicken bundle in coating mix until evenly coated on all sides.
- Place, seam-sides down in single layer in foil-lined shallow baking pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minute or until chicken is cooked through (170ºF).
- Remove and discard toothpicks before serving.
I loved this recipe! Very filling and family friendly.
This was an excellent dinner. I scaled it down to use 2 chicken breasts and used turkey bacon to make it a bit healthier. I served this with some brown rice for a great meal. This is a def. make again here!
Broccoli stuffed chicken always sounds good to me but it's usually when I don't have enough time to make it. I decided to give this a try since it doesn't require pan frying (extra pan to clean!). I made this even easier by using pre-cooked bacon and it took just a few min. to assemble. I also used garlic-herb flavored seasoned bread crumbs since I already had them. This was very delicious and tasted like it took some time to prepare. My daughter (not a chicken lover, and dislikes broccoli) ate hers without a complaint, so it's a "kid friendly" dish. Thanks Nonnie, for another timesaving but delicious recipe. Roxygirl