Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Heavenly! A great recipe for young picky eaters.
- 4 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded & divided (4 OZ)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet over medium heat, saute broccoli and onion in butter until crisp tender, about 5 minutes; set aside.
- In a bowl, beat eggs.
- Add whipping cream and 1/3 cups of cheese; mix well.
- Stir in the broccoli mixture, salt and pepper.
- Pour into a greased 3 quart baking dish; set in a larger pan filled with 1 inch of hot water.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.