Recipe by Haversac
I am borrowing this one from the 3 fat chicks website-looks tasty!
Top Review by Chef Steelerfanatics girl
I added alittle salt and pepper to "dress" it up a little. I had to come revise my first review because i have made this a second time and am really enjoying it. The third time i make this i am going to cut the milk down to either half a cup or 3/4 a cup. It's just a little soupy in my opinion. But i am absolutly falling in love with this receipe the more i make it. And my little girl likes it too and that is a big plus in my book. Thanks so much for sharing. (And I love the 3 fat chicks site!!!)
- 4 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups egg substitute
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a nonstick skillet, sauté broccoli and onion in a small amount of water until tender. (Keep adding water.) Drain and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, skim milk, and 3/4 cup of the cheese; mix well. Stir in the broccoli and onion. Add the pepper.
- Spray a 1 1/2-quart baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish.
- Freeze & thaw when ready, or go ahead and:.
- Set the dish into a larger pan filled with about 1 inch of water.
- Bake uncovered for about 45 minutes. (When a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, it is done.)
- Remove from the oven and top with remaining cheese.
- Let stand about 10 minutes before serving.