Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Chapatis, a staple of India, are now readily available anywhere that East Indian foods are sold. The whole wheat ones are wonderful for this sandwich. You can make many variations, just use your imagination
- 4 chapati
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 cup raw broccoli, stems & florets,chopped
- 12 slices cheddar cheese, long thin slices (or other favorite)
- 8 big green lettuce leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- salt & pepper
- herb salad dressing (or your own favorite dressing)
- Lay chapatis on a bread board.
- Spread 1 tbsp of butter down the center of each chapati.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds on each.
- Spread the chopped broccoli on top of the butter.
- Then place 3 cheese slices down the middle.
- Add lettuce leaves.
- Then the tomatoe.
- Just before serving drizzle you favorite dressing.
- Roll the chapati so you can lift it up with your fingers and enjoy.
This was an excellent sandwich. I never tried chapati bread before so this was strange. Eventually I got used to the taste and began to like it. For the dressing, I used the red wine vinaigrette that I posted on my page. It went really well with the sandwich.