Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I loved the Broccoli Soup I was getting in the restaurants but they were rare on "Good" soup. Therefore, I now make my own and everyone loves it. This is also good if you have some grilled Chicken to chop up and throw in.
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 4 large head of broccoli
- 1 small onion, diced (optional)
- 1 stalk celery, diced (optional)
- equivalent of 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- finely grated cheese (optional)
- seasoned croutons (optional)
- salt & pepper
- In a large pot sauté, Onion & Celery if used, when translucent, place 2-3 cups of water in pot and bring to a boil. Add Cauliflower & Broccoli, cover and cook over medium heat, until just before tender, about 5 minutes. Do not drain water. Add bouillon ( I use a soup base, not the cubes) to water and then add all the soups. Mix and add additional water to the desired thickness. I also use a Stick Blender at this time to chop up some of the larger chunks of the Broccoli & Cauliflower, be careful not to pulverize all of the chunks. Leave some of the chunks to give it texture. I then add some fine grated cheese to the top of the bowls and some flavored croutons.
Made this soup to share with a neighbor couple & did use all the optional ingredients, but then made a change in the regular one ~ Instead of using mushroom soup, I added an extra can of cream of chicken & the rest of the soup amount came from some homemade cream of celery soup! The final result is a wonderful tasting soup that I'll be happy making again & again! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current round of Pick A Chef} Want to check out PAC? Here's a link = http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498
Great Soup I fixed it tonight for my family and there was plenty. Love it Love it.