Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yummy, low calorie soup. Great for my diet!
- 8 ounces chopped frozen broccoli
- 8 ounces chopped frozen cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter in a large saucepan, and saute the celery, onions, and garlic until browned.
- Add flour, stirring for one minute before adding chicken broth.
- Add broccoli and cauliflower. Boil until soft.
- Add salt, pepper and milk. Let boil lightly for a few more minutes. Put half in a blender, blending until smooth. Add back to pot.
I picked this recipe over others because it looked easy and was very pleased. I doubled the recipe because I had a LOT of broccoli and cauliflower left over from a party and wanted to make more than four servings. It turned out great and was easy to add more or less ingredients depending on what you have. Just throw in what you have and boil it down to the right consistency. I uploaded a picture, but note that that is before it's totally boiled down. It was one of those days and I wanted to get the picture while I could as I had to keep turning off the soup to leave the house.
Mmmm, this is nice, thick and creamy. I didn't use frozen veg as I had fresh in the fridge, it was very easy and quick to make, I also used skimmed milk to reduce the fat it was so creamy that you could make it with just stock and you wouldn't notice the difference. I would add lot's of pepper for the seasoning I think it needs it. Thank you for posting.