Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Nice soup that can be frozen in individual servings for something quick. I use vegetable broth but data base does not give nutritional values for that.
- 6 ounces broccoli, trimmed, peeled and chopped in small pieces
- 6 ounces cauliflower, chopped in small pieces
- 3 1⁄3 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground mace
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons low-fat swiss cheese, shredded
- In saucepan cook broccoli, cauliflower, onion and broth for 5 - 8 minutes until tender.
- DO NOT DRAIN.
- Add mace; with blender, process mixture until smooth.
- Return all to saucepan.
- Make a rue with the milk and cornstarch; temper and add to the mixture.
- Stir in the remaining milk; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir 1 - 2 minutes more.
- **** Freeze in individual serving containers. if desired****.
- Add cheese; stir until melted.
This was a delicious soup. I was very unsure about the mace seasoning, but it was great! Just added a light spice, letting the vegetables shine. I used low-fat soymilk and added a bit more broth to stretch the soup. DH enjoyed with the swiss cheese, and I loved mine plain. Thank you for posting this.