Recipe by Ninna
This is quick and easy to prepare and goes beautifully with Veal & Leek Scallopine, also in my recipes. Taken from an Aussie magazine.
Top Review by Susie D
I tagged this recipe as part of the Aussie/NZ tour. I only looked at the ingredients when selecting the recipe and started chopping before I read the directions :/ so I turned this into a raw salad. In spite of my mistake, the salad is excellent and I was very happy with it. We liked the crunchiness and the flavor contrasts alot. I did add a grated carrot, some salt and pepper, and a tiny bit of sugar. This is a definite repeat. Thank you for sharing your salad!
- 400 g broccoli, cut into florets
- 400 g cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 40 g pine nuts, roasted
- 2 tablespoons currants, soaked in boiling water,for 3 minutes,then drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook vegetables in boiling salted water (or steam) until tender, then drain.
- Combine vinegar, olive oil and spring onions in a bowl, season to taste and whisk well.
- Combine vegetables, pinenuts and currants, pour dressing over and toss well.
- Serve with Veal and Leek Scallopine (see my recipes).