Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my favorite "holiday" broccoli salad recipe. The combination of fresh vegetables, real bacon, eggs and sharp cheddar cheese are what makes it so good.
- 4 heads broccoli (fresh)
- 1 head cauliflower (fresh)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 12 -16 ounces fried crumbled bacon
- 5 cups Miracle Whip
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- Fry bacon and boil eggs.
- Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Run cold water over hard-boiled eggs until cool enough to peel, peel and set aside.
- Tear apart broccoli and cauliflower florets into small bite-sized pieces and place in tall deep Tupperware-type container (I think the one I use is a 21-cup one).
- The purpose of the small pieces is that you should be able to get a taste of all the ingredients in each spoonful.
- Chop onions and eggs and put in Tupperware container.
- Add cheese and crumbled bacon.
- Mix the dressing together Miracle Whip, white sugar and vinegar and if possible marinate overnight, occasionally turning container upside-down so that all the salad is covered well with dressing.
- It will work fine if you don't have time to marinate it at all, but is best if marinated for a few hours to overnight.
Great salad TeresaM! It has a lot of crunch and I liked the contrast of sweet and salty (bacon). This makes a large salad if you're feeding a crowd. When I made it I had picked up a package of maple-flavored bacon by mistake so my salad had a maple flavor to it (lol) but was still delicious! Thanks for sharing!