Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a family favorite! It goes with anything, whether grilling out or frying pork chops. Wonderful!! A friend gave me this recipe. It is out of this world!
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 1 small cauliflower
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (more if desired)
- 7 -8 slices of cooked crispy bacon (crumbled)
- Cut Broccoli and Cauliflower up into bite size pieces.
- Stir together sugar, vinegar and mayo.
- Pour over the broccoli and cauliflower.
- Toss in cheese and crumbled bacon.
- Toss all together to mix together.
- Refridgerate until ready to serve.
This salad is great. When I make it I add seedless green grapes and sunflower seeds. They add great color and crunch.
This is an excellent salad! I had broccoli and cauliflower and wanted something different than steamed vegetables so I decided to try this. The combination of cheese, bacon (I also used bacon bits), and the dressing, along with the vegetables) was right-on. I also used only half the recommended sugar as we don't care too much for sweet dressings. This was real easy to make, keeps well, and goes great with any barbecued meat. The simple dressing is so good my husband wants me to try it on macaroni salad next. I think this would also be good with maybe 4 or 5 chopped hard-boiled eggs. Thanks Missy for another great recipe!
This is awesome. I added green peppers and green onions to mine. Yummy!