Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of my favorite recipes. It is always requested at family get togethers, even by people who don't like broccoli or cauliflower. It is best if made a day ahead. I try to watch calories so I usually use Splenda, fat-free Miracle Whip and fat-free cheese. It looses nothing with these substitutions.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 -2 bunch broccoli (I try to get about the same amount of broccoli and cauliflower)
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups Miracle Whip
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 ounces shredded cheese
- Chop cauliflower, broccoli and red onion and toss together.
- In another bowl mix Miracle Whip, sugar and red wine vinegar.
- Pour over cauliflower, broccoli and red onion, add cheese and toss.
I used more cauliflower than broccoli. It's so yummy. Thanks Nane :) Made for All you can cook buffet
My husband LOVED this salad -- he's my kitchen guinea pig !! I used a little less of the dressing than what is called for once I got it mixed up, as he likes his veggie salads kind of dry. But he said . this one was an "absolute keeper". Thanks for the recipe.
Delish! I took Nane's advice and used FF mayo, Splenda and low-fat cheese. I also added some raisins to add extra texture to the crunchy vegetables. So simple, so pretty and so healthy. What's there not to love? Made for Chef Alphabet Soup tag.