I love this salad. My daughter got this recipe from her boss. We have made it for several years now. It is a Huge hit at BBQ's, in fact everyone always wants a copy of the recipe.A friend sudgested I make copies of the recipe when I take it to gatherings. Great Idea! The best part about this recipe is you get a lil bit of something in every bite! That is why it is so important to cut your veggie's up into small bite size pieces. I also only use 1/4 to 1/2 cup of fresh green onions
- 5 cups broccoli (cut up in small pieces the size of a nickle to a quarter. Do not use the stems.)
- 5 cups cauliflower (do the same as for broccolli)
- 2⁄3 cup onion (or green onions)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 6 pieces cooked bacon
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Mix all the veggies together.
- You can add the dressing at this time.
- Add your cheese, bacon,sunflower seeds and raisins just before you serve the dish or atleast within an hour of serving it.
- Mix all together.