Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a wonderful salad - it has a nice kick to it and even those who aren't fond of broccoli, etc, find this one tasty! Found originally online. (cook time is including 4 hours in the refrigerator).
- 4 cups small cauliflower florets
- 3 cups small broccoli florets
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup sliced radish
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 slices bacon, crisp-cooked, drained, and crumbled
- In a large bowl layer cauliflower, broccoli, green onions, radishes, and carrot; set aside.
- In a small bowl stir together mayonnaise, sugar, lemon juice, horseradish, salt, and pepper; spread over vegetables.
- Sprinkle with bacon. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours.
- Before serving, toss to coat vegetables.
Best broccoli-cauliflower salad I've ever eaten or made! Definitely gonna have to make this one again. My husband also loved it, would be great to take to a pot luck or other gathering.