Recipe by Kay D.
This recipe comes from a local community cookbook. It's so simple to prepare, but so delicious. This is one of my favorite salads. Time to make includes refrigeration time.
- 1 large head broccoli
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- For the dressing: Mix the mayonnaise, sugar, oil, vinegar and salt and pepper together.
- In a separate bowl, cut broccoli and cauliflower into bite size pieces.
- Chop onion and add to broccoli mixture.
- Pour dressing over broccoli mixture.
- Toss gently.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Toss gently again and serve.