Recipe by Mrsspeevs
This is a beautiful and delicious dish that will enhance any Shabbat or Holiday table
Top Review by HeatherFeather
What a tasty kugel this was! I halved the recipe and baked it for less time to accommodate the smaller amount (about 35 minutes). My daughter loved this too. My only substitution was to use wheat flakes instead of cornflakes. Also, the bag of frozen broccoli I had was a mix of broccoli and cauliflower together, so I just didn't get to have the lovely layered effect of mixing in each in separate layers, but the flavor was of course the same. Made for Zaar Kugelthon 2010.
- 20 ounces chopped broccoli
- 20 ounces chopped cauliflower
- 4 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 4 tablespoons flour, divided
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise, divided
- 1⁄4 cup onion soup mix, divided
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups corn flake crumbs, approximately
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare vegetables as per directions on the box.
- For each vegetable:.
- Melt two tbsp margarine.
- Add two tbsp flour.
- Add vegetable.
- Add half of the mayo, onion soup mix, and two eggs.
- Pour cornflake crumbs to cover the bottom of a 9X13 pan.
- Pour broccoli mixture over crumbs.
- Cover broccoli with more crumbs.
- Pour Cauliflower over crumbs.
- Cover with more crumbs.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until done.