Recipe by Veggie Girl.
A great recipe for an easy soup that comes together quickly and makes for an easy weeknight supper.
Top Review by Redhorse89
This recipe was perfect for using up the broccoli and cauliflower before they spoiled. I used more broth (a big 49 oz. can), and added extra onion, thyme and sage, and half-and-half to compensate for the extra liquid. The recipe doesn't mention where to add the spices, so I just threw them in with the potatoes and broth. After pureeing, and adding the cream and cheese, this soup is so thick and good, my husband was well pleased with the results. This one is a keeper.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 medium potatoes, chopped fine
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 head cauliflower
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cooked until softened,about 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes and broth and bring to a boil. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add broccoli and cauliflower. Cook for about 7-8 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Puree soup with an immersion blender.
- Stir in cheese until melted. Add cream and salt and pepper to taste.