Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A great recipe for an easy soup that comes together quickly and makes for an easy weeknight supper.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 medium potatoes, chopped fine
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 head cauliflower
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cooked until softened,about 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes and broth and bring to a boil. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add broccoli and cauliflower. Cook for about 7-8 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Puree soup with an immersion blender.
- Stir in cheese until melted. Add cream and salt and pepper to taste.