Recipe by SXYNTV
*** Found this simple recipe on Facebook*** This creamy casserole can be made a day ahead, refrigerated and then baked just before dinner. Using frozen vegetables makes this dish a cinch.
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mccormick perfect pinch italian seasoning, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen cauliflower florets, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onions, chopped or 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon mccormick garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mccormick fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 0.5 (4 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Mix bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons melted butter and 1/2 teaspoon of the Italian seasoning in small bowl. Set aside. Cut up any large broccoli or cauliflower florets into bite-size pieces.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir about 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour, remaining 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, garlic salt and pepper. Add milk; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add cream cheese and remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese; cook and stir until cream cheese is melted. Add vegetables; toss gently to coat. Spoon into 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle top evenly with crumb mixture.
- Bake 40 minutes or until heated through and top is lightly browned.