Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
a simple quick easy sidedish or dinner
Make and share this Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen cauliflower, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red sweet bell pepper, seeded, and chopped
- 1 cup grated swiss cheese
- 1 cup seasoned breadstick
- 1⁄8 cup margarine
- paprika, to taste
- Cook broccoli & cauliflower as directed on boxes, drain well and place in large mixing bowl.
- In a saucepan,combine egg, mayo, soup, milk, onion, bell pepper and cheese and mix well. Heat just enough till well mixed.
- Spoon into mixing bowl with broccoli/cauliflower and mix well, and pour into 2 1/2 quart buttered baking dish.
- Combine breadcrumbs and margarine and sprinkle over broccoli cauliflower mixture.
- Sprinkle paprika over top.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
We called this the cousin dish as we tell our kids that broccoli and cauliflower are cousins. Anyway, we subbed for Colby jack cheese and 2 % milk. We used homemade pickled red peppers and Italian bread crumbs. It was tasty.
Took this recipe on vacation with friend's and it was a huge hit! I used fresh veggies and blanched them, it worked great. I had to sub cheddar cheese because I didn't have a grater with me and could only find block swiss. It seemed to work just fine. I wish I took a picture because it's a very pretty dish as well!
We love broccoli and thought this casserole was a great take-off from that. Made for Aus/NZ swap Oct. 2010.