Recipe by weekend cooker
a simple quick easy sidedish or dinner
Top Review by Ceezie
We called this the cousin dish as we tell our kids that broccoli and cauliflower are cousins. Anyway, we subbed for Colby jack cheese and 2 % milk. We used homemade pickled red peppers and Italian bread crumbs. It was tasty.
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen cauliflower, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red sweet bell pepper, seeded, and chopped
- 1 cup grated swiss cheese
- 1 cup seasoned breadstick
- 1⁄8 cup margarine
- paprika, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook broccoli & cauliflower as directed on boxes, drain well and place in large mixing bowl.
- In a saucepan,combine egg, mayo, soup, milk, onion, bell pepper and cheese and mix well. Heat just enough till well mixed.
- Spoon into mixing bowl with broccoli/cauliflower and mix well, and pour into 2 1/2 quart buttered baking dish.
- Combine breadcrumbs and margarine and sprinkle over broccoli cauliflower mixture.
- Sprinkle paprika over top.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.