Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this recipe this morning on the www.mccormick.com website. "This creamy casserole can be made a day ahead, refrigerated and then baked just before dinner. Using frozen vegetables makes this dish a cinch." Flavor Variation: Substitute 1 teaspoon McCormick® Lemon & Pepper Seasoning Salt and 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Basil Leaves for the Italian Seasoning.
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs, fine
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen cauliflower, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, Coarse Ground
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut-up
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons melted butter and 1/2 teaspoon of the Italian seasoning in small bowl. Set aside.
- Cut up any large broccoli florets or cauliflower into bite-size pieces.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir about 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour, remaining 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, garlic salt and pepper. Add milk; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add cream cheese and remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese; cook and stir until cream cheese is melted. Add vegetables; toss gently to coat.
- Spoon into 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle top evenly with crumb mixture.
- Bake 40 minutes or until heated through and top is lightly browned.
This is a wonderful recipe. I made it using ham instead of cauliflower and panko instead of regular breadcrumbs. A real hit in my house!
This is a good dish for the masses. It is well seasoned (I was heavy handed). I took it to a dinner tonight and none came home. I used fresh broccoli and cauliflower.
I really liked this one. It is so easy to do. I used a broccoli cauliflower and carrot mix. Even my husband who hates broccoli likes this. I think the flavor of the sauce masks the flavor of the broccoli and that's why he likes it. LOL I used a little more seasoning than called for.