Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This casserole is so yummy and easy to prepare. My family does not particularly like broccoli but they love it when I make this!
- 3 cups broccoli
- 3 cups cauliflower
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄3 cup fine breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly steam broccoli & cauliflower until they are still crisp. Put in 2 qt casserole.
- Combine cheddar, lemon juice, mayonnaise, mushroom soup, pepper and garlic powder. Pour over veggies. Top with breadcrumbs. I sometimes add a sprinkle of parmesan cheese as well.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes and enjoy.
Made for Spring PAC 2013 and this was delicious and such a hit!! I followed the instructions only steaming the vegies in the microwave also. Going into my Favorites of 2013. Thank you for posting.
Thank you Barbie Qfor this recipe. DH had too much broccoli the other day and I had cauliflower to use in the fridge. This was an easy recipe to make and with ingredients I always have on had. I steamed my veggies in the microwave. Somehow I totally forgot the lemon juice but I don't think we missed it. I also added some chopped onions and more cheese. This was just as you said YUMMY. I will make again!