Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
Broccoli cauliflower cheesy goodness.
Make and share this Broccoli-Cauliflower Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Cook broccoli and cauliflower in sauce pan with water until crisp but tender and set them aside till later.
- Make the cheesy sauce by melting butter in a pan over low heat. Blend in flour and salt then add milk all at once and cook quickly.
- Stir constantly until mixture thickens and bubbles.
- Add the cheese and stir it until it's smooth.
- Combine veggies and sauce in slow cooker making sure they are mixed together well.
- Cover and cook for 1hour and a half on low.
This was really good! I used almond milk instead of regular milk. I also melted some butter and stirred in some bread crumbs then added it to the mixture while it was in the crock pot. I served it over baked potatoes and it tasted delicious! We will definitely be making this again. :)
I was so glad to find a broccoli recipe that could cook for a long time. I made it for thanksgiving, and so it was easy to transport and then heat up at our gathering. I was afraid that the broccoli would get soggy, so i made sure to use fresh veggies, not frozen. Also, I didnt cook it for too long in the sauce pan. i think i used too many veggies, b/c there didnt seem to be enough sauce. But, the sauce that I did have was yummy.