Recipe by Nancygirl
Had enough green-bean casserole? I found this in BHG cookbook. I'ts creamy and delicious and always requested for family gatherings. It calls for cheese but I always omit as it has plenty of flavor without it.
Top Review by *Parsley*
This was a really good veggie floeret bake. I used fresh chopped onions (a bit more than listed) and a full cup of swiss cheese. I chose the thyme for the herb. It was super delicious. Thanx for sharing!
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 cups fresh cauliflower florets
- 10 ounces cream of mushroom soup or 10 ounces chicken soup
- 3 ounces swiss cheese (3/4 cup torn)
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes or 2 tablespoons chopped onions, if fresh
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 3⁄4 cup soft breadcrumbs (use less if dried)
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam broccoli and cauliflower until crisp-tender (it will cook a bit in the dish). Drain.
- In a large saucepan mix soup, cheese, onion, and herbs. Cook and stir until bubbly, stir in veggies and put into a 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- In a bowl mix bread crumbs and butter and sprinkle over veggie mixture.
- Bake at 375 Degs. for 15 minutes or heated through.