Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delicious side dish casserole that gets a little added zip from the green chilies.
- 1 lb fresh broccoli, broken into small florets
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine, melted,divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup crushed seasoned stuffing mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add 1 inch of water to a Dutch oven; add broccoli and cauliflower florets.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook 7-8 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the cheese, sour cream, chilies, 2 tablespoons melted butter, salt and pepper.
- Drain vegetables well; gently fold in cheese mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Toss the stuffing with the remaining melted butter.
- Sprinkle over vegetables.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Delicious! I made this for Thanksgiving and it was a huge hit. I followed the recipe exactly, don't think I would change a thing. I will definitely be making again.
Used this at Easter (again) and my familiy LOVED it. I replaced the chiles with a small jar of pimentos instead and it was delicious! Again I used "light" cheese and sour cream to help reduce the calories. This recipe is now a family favourite we will use for years!
loved this only used all broccoli and omitted cauliflower... was delicious..... thankyou! didnt use green chilies this time with picky kids.....