Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
You may use lower fat yogurt and mayonnaise for this ;-) Plan ahead this needs to chill for a few hours before serving, adjust all ingredient amounts to suit taste.
- 4 cups small fresh broccoli florets
- 4 cups small fresh cauliflower florets
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds (or use sunflower seeds)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (can use more or less)
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 -4 tablespoons sugar (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a bowl mix together yogurt, mayonnaise sugar (start with 3 tablespoons sugar) and lemon juice; whisk until completely blended , then add in more sugar to taste if desired.
- In a large glass bowl toss together the broccoli and cauliflower florets, onion, almonds, raisins and feta cheese.
- Pour the dressing over then toss well to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours before serving.
I took a batch of this salad to a cookout this afternoon, 3 people asked me for the recipie!
This is so good! I'm used to a salad similar to this, but with bacon instead of feta. I LOVE the feta! I wouldn't recommend using less feta, it really adds to the flavor and it's not overpowering at all. I used low fat yogurt and mayo and 3 TBS sugar. This makes a lot too, so if you're not feeding a crowd you should probably cut it in half. Thanks Kittencal!