Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from Southern Living. This is easy and good! You may use packaged vegetables or buy them separately.
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 -2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (12 ounce) packagemixed raw broccoli (3/4 cup each) or 1 (12 ounce) package cauliflower florets, coarsely chopped (3/4 cup each)
- 10 ounces shredded carrots (or 1 1/4 cup carrots and shred yourself)
- 1⁄4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped (or walnuts)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sugar, rice wine vinegar, salt, and ginger.
- Add the broccoli, cauliflower and carrots.
- Toss to coat with dressing.
- Sprinkle evenly with nuts.
This is a terrific and healthy salad! The only change I made was accidental; the walnuts I thought I had were actually pecans so I used those and it worked out fine. The dressing on this is terrific - the ginger really sets it apart. Thanks for posting this recipe!
This salad is very good with the carrots. It's full of colors. I forgot to add the peanuts. But I'll try with my leftovers. I used only 1 tablespoon of sugar. I omitted the salt. Thanks Sharon :) Made for your cookathon
Excellent base recipe! I didn't add the ginger and I added nuts, sun flower seeds and raisins (1 cup total). Awesome! I think it would also be great with a little bacon! This is a keeper! Thanks Sharon!