Recipe by Boca Pat
This comes from a Lipton Soup Cookbook. It can be made with either broccoli or cauliflower, both are very good.
- 2 slices day old white bread, coarsely crumbled (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 6 cups broccoli florets or 6 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl, combine bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, 1 tbsp oil and garlic; set aside.
- In 12 in skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over med heat and cook broccoli, stirring frequently, 2 minutes.
- Stir in onion soup mix blended with water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to low& simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes or until broccoli is almost tender.
- Add tomato, simmer an additional 2 minutes.
- Spoon vegetable mixture into 2 qt broilerproof baking dish, top with bread crumb mixture and broil 1 1/2 minutes or until crumbs are golden and cheese is melted.