1 hr 20 mins
I was hunting for recipes on Recipezaar and couldn't find something that I had all the ingredients for, so I had to create something using what I had. This isn't as quick and easy as some similar recipes, but used fresh veggies and real rice . It also tasted fantastic, and my family loved it! The preparation stretched a small package of boneless skinless chicken breasts into a meal that could feed 8 people!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown chicken breasts in a small amount of oil until cooked through.
- 2Cut cooked chicken into bite-sized pieces and season if desired (I used Emeril's Southwest Essence).
- 3Meanwhile, cook the 2 cups of rice in 4 cups of water for 15 minutes (or as directed on package), and steam broccoli florets in a colander over boiling water for about 5 minutes.
- 4Broccoli should be crunchy but edible.
- 5Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 6In a very large bowl, combine cooked rice, chicken pieces, steamed broccoli, green pepper, soup, cheese whiz, chicken broth, shredded cheese, and a little garlic salt if desired.
- 7Mix thoroughly and turn into a 9x13 pan coated with cooking spray.
- 8Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until top is slightly browned and casserole is bubbly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Casserole Supreme
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 496.0
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 76.8 mg
- Sodium 1119.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 28.2 g