Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a favorite pass-me-down from my Mother-in-law.
- 1 box frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) jar cheese spread
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- Cool broccoli and drain.
- Mix broccoli and other ingredients together.
- Pour into casserole pan.
- Bake in pre-heated 350 oven for 30 minutes.
I used a jar of Mexican cheese blend with spices (basically, some Mexican cheese dip!), added extra shredded cheddar and rice, omitted the chopped onion, and sprinkled in some chopped garlic to taste. This was AWESOME, filling, and super-easy to make! My boyfriend and I yummed it up for dinner! What's not to like?!
Honey, you and I come from the same neck of the woods and we Southern women know how to cook!!!! I love this recipe!!!!! Thank you so very much Granny!!!!!!!! We Georgians need to stick together!!!!!
I always saute my onions before I put them into the casserole. But this always disappears in one meal!