Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is really just Chicken-less Divan, which has already been submitted, but it makes a nice veggie side-dish.
- 2 (10 -15 ounce) packages frozen broccoli, thawed and drained or 2 (10 -15 ounce) packageslightly steamed fresh broccoli
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup (if served with ham or beef) or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, four inch (if with poultry)
- 1 (6 ounce) jarsliced fresh mushrooms, drained or 1 (6 ounce) jarlightly sauteed sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, more to taste
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Spread broccoli in 2-quart casserole.
- Top with mushrooms.
- Mix soup, mayonnaise and lemon juice.
- Season to taste with more lemon juice, salt and pepper; taste should be lemony!
- Spread mixture over broccoli.
- Toss breadcrumbs with melted butter, and sprinkle over casserole.
- Top with Parmesan cheese, and bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until broccoli is tender.