Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
There are quite a few recipes like this one here, BUT, this one calls for a little vinegar. This is a very good casserole. It can be made the day before and refrigerated until baking time.
- 3 boxes frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons grated onions
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- crushed Ritz cracker, for the top
- Mix all ingredients in a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle Ritz crackers over the top.
- Bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
It's amazing what that 1 tbsp of vinegar does for the flavor of this broccoli casserole! Just that subtle tanginess really makes this special. I made this using fresh chopped broccoli that I steamed and chopped first. I used a bit more onion, but otherwise followed the recipe. Thanx for sharing!
I loved this! I had to use cottage cheese instead of mayo because my father wont eat anything with mayo in it, and it turned out wonderful. I will be making this recipe again. :D
I made this casserole exactly as written. It was very easy to prepare and I liked the addition of the mayonnaise and vinegar. These two ingredients gave a little different twist to what would otherwise have been just another broccoli casserole recipe. I served this with NurseDi's Herb-Crusted Roast Beef recipe 46509, Mashed Potatoes with gravy and Rolls. Very yummy meal!