Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
Quick casserole--great for potluck dinner
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 1⁄4 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup blue cheese dressing
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 6 cups broccoli, peeled stems and heads, chopped
- 12 ounces mushrooms, sliced and sauteed in
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (3 ounce) package chicken-flavored ramen noodles, broken up
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Start by blanching the broccoli in boiling hot salted water about 3 minutes. Quickly remove and place in icy water to stop the cooking.
- In bowl, combine mayo, yogurt, cheddar cheese, blue cheese dressing, eggs, salt, pepper, and flavor package from ramen noodles.
- In another bowl, combine the blanched broccoli, sautéed mushrooms, broken noodles, and the mayo mixture and toss until well coated.
- Place the mixture in an 8x8 casserole dish that has been sprayed with non stick oil. Cover and cook for 45 minutes.
- Remove the cover and bake another 15 minutes to brown.
- Cool 15 minutes before serving.
We had this tonight and what a treat. I didn't have blue cheese dressing on hand (which is my favorite) so used Peppercorn Ranch. We don't care for yogart, so substituted sour cream. This is definitely one to serve company!