Recipe by stgmngrjan
A good side dish or meal, this casserole doesn't use any soup, butter, or mayo. The cheeses, eggs, and Greek yogurt give the dish its richness. I adapted this recipe quite a bit after finding it in Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly. I'm listing my version of the recipe.
- 14 ounces frozen broccoli florets
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 8 -10 ounces 2% low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 4 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese, grated
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled and divided
- 1⁄4 cup milk, any kind
- 8 green onions, chopped (white or light green part only)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Oil, spray, or butter a casserole dish (I used a round glass dish.).
- Thaw or cook the frozen broccoli. Drain well.
- Combine remaining ingredients, except for 2 oz. of the goat cheese.
- Add the broccoli and mix gently.
- Pour into prepared dish and bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Bump up heat to Low Broil for 5 minutes.
- Let it set for 5-10 minutes, then serve.