Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another Family Recipe I wanted to hold on to. Its really Easy and Very Good
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 (8 ounce) can condensed mushroom soup
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup grated cheese (I use American cheese and cut up the slices)
- Ritz cracker (crumble for topping)
- Pour everything into a large mixing bowl and mix together, except broccoli. Cook Broccoli for five minutes. After it comes to a boil, drain and fold into mixture. Grease casserole dish with butter. Pour mixture into dish. Crumble enough Ritz crackers to spread over casserole (use plastic bag to crumble by hand or roll with rolling pin.) Size of casserole dish: 10 inches x 10 inches, 2 ½ inches deep. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
Really quick and easy to put together. The preparation takes less than 5 minutes. The rest is passive cooking time. I made this as written, just adding some minced garlic. I could have used some more cheese in it. I also feel like it was a bit dry. Next time I'd add more cheese as well as some milk and maybe some additional spices. Thanx!